THE FOUNDATION: Founded in 2005 the Saint Paul Police Foundation is an established, well respected non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and strengthening public safety in the City of Saint Paul therefore ensuring that our community is a safe place to live, work, play and visit.
The Foundation partners with the Saint Paul Police Department through financial support of officers training, technology and equipment, all of which supports the safety of citizens and the men and women who serve to protect. Equally important is the financial participation by the Foundation to promote the many programs which create community interaction and relations further enriching the lives of the community.
The Foundations culture is a large component of our current and future success. The Foundation embodies nine key values:
The Board of Directors are aligned by these values and as a result are passionate, entrepreneurial, supportive of one another, communicative and able to engage in healthy debate. They are also united by the desire to take the Saint Paul Police Foundation to its next level.
THE POSITION: The Board of Directors invites all qualified applicants to apply for this exciting opportunity.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors and will have one on one report to the Chair. The Executive Director will play a significant role in the Foundation by developing and implementing fundraising strategy goals, policies, procedures and efficiencies and financial management in support of Foundation objectives. Responsibilities will also include the day-to-day functions of the organization, donor relations, community relations outreach, marketing and event planning. Current offices are located in Downtown Saint Paul.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, communicator, collaborative, results driven, innovative individual who is continually focused on improvement. We are looking for a culturally competent professional with experience working within diverse communities.
As well, this individual will articulate the Saint Paul Police Foundation mission, vision and strategy in a compelling manner to engage corporate and individual support of the Foundation to achieve desired results.
- Proven leadership and communication skills: strong written and verbal communication skills; persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills;
- Outstanding marketing skills with robust experience in multiple media including social media;
- Record of effective fundraising abilities and activities including: major event planning and implementation; successful grant procurement;
- Direct experience in creating donor relationships and effective solicitation of donors;
- Experience with successful organizational and financial management and operations, preferably in nonprofit organizations;
- Proven experience with donor management databases and financial management software;
- Past success working with a board of directors including the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships;
- Understanding of the importance of developing, maintaining and supporting a nonprofit board of directors;
- Ability to direct the operations of the organization, proven record as a self-starter;
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning;
- Bachelor’s Degree required with at least 5 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and ability to point to specific examples of developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Provide the strategic leadership, overall direction, administration and operations of the Foundation which include financial management.
- Build and enhance effective partnership with the Saint Paul Police Department.
- Develop and implement annual fundraising plan for organization, including successful execution of major fundraising events throughout the year.
- Research, write, and submit grants applications to corporate, community and private foundations.
- Provide written quarterly and annual achievement reports to the Board of Directors.
- Solicit, develop and enhance corporate sponsorships and relationships.
- Build and enhance donor and community relationships.
- Motivate and lead volunteers.
SALARY: Salary plus benefits, full-time, based on experience.
All interested applicants are invited to submit cover letter outlining interest in position as well as how experience and skills match primary qualifications current resume and list of three references (including contact information of names, titles, email and phone numbers) to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be reviewed as received until September 8, 2015.
The Saint Paul Police Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.